Membership
Calendar
Who's Online
Turbine has discontinued the server status API that allowed us to bring you this widget. Please let us know if you find a new API we could utilize.

Site Contributions
PayPal Donation

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 3370days ago0 Replies
 3378days ago0 Replies
 3684days ago0 Replies
 3684days ago0 Replies
 3684days ago0 Replies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppa_Joel

re: Archived Pet posts

Puppies!

Fevorah writes: This is Princess.  She is a rescued Old English Sheepdog.  Estimated to be 10 years old.

** Edit by Hoppa **
Here is Princess, as just a 'Lil Pup'  
*grins*

Hoppa replies: There's Princess!
*grins*  poor skunk snuggling puppy!

Fevorah replies: The paw in the air is not in answer to "Give me your paw” she does not know that command.  It is "you may kiss my paw".  She is THE Princess after all.  Of course then it turns into 'rub my belly'.  She is so good with her royal commands!  *grins*

History:  There was a fire in her home.  The firemen were able to revive Princess but not her owner or his brother.  The daughter of the owner took her in.  She called us at Old English Sheepdog rescue but felt that giving up Princess would be giving away the only thing she inherited from her Father.  Two years pass.  The Daughter & husband have a toddler, their own German Sheppard and a mother with Alzheimer’s to care for.  Princess growls when the baby jumps on her when she is sleeping.  Princess is surrendered to rescue.  Where I happen to work.  Reading her Bio I knew she was the one for me.  Princess knew it too and after 6 weeks of fostering her new castle and court was located in my home.

Hoppa replies: *grins*
Sorry I just 'had' to add in the Lil Pup picture too hehe

Fevorah replies: I have seen one picture of Princess and myself from the Sheepdog Picnic.

Hoppa would you please insert it here?  

Hoppa replies:
okies! *grins*

Fevorah replies: Let me see if my Princess slide show works:

http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd188/Princess_Debe/?action=view&current=d5e5d07c.pbw

(edit by Hoppa;  I tried to get the  slide-show to play here, but all  the forums allow, are  a clickable puppy to take you to the show  :) ))

Fevorah replies: I added a few more pictures to the Princess Slideshow!

Hoppa replies: Very cute!  I like the window ones a lot!

Kitty Cats!
Curyn writes:
Some of you who know me know I have a bengal cat (not a tiger, a domestic breed). Well, I have been wanting to breed them because I really love their personalities and they are beautiful cats. I have made a deal with a local breeder to get a female kitten that I will be able to breed and we will work together on developing this girl's line. I am starting with a marble bengal and I believe she will be as gorgeous as her dad and wanted a special name for her. Beautiful girl made me think of bella and that made me think of Bellira... I asked if it was ok and Fevorah was all for it and asked for picturres <VBG> I mentioned that pictures won't do her justice for a while, it takes longer for their pattern to develop but that her dad would be a good example of what I think she will develop like. I offered to send her a link and she suggested I post it here. Well who am I to turn down a request like that? Please bear in mind, the link I am posting is not my site and the cats on it are not mine... Well, except for girl 2 of the kittens (her name will be posted soon I am sure).

The (girl) kittens are at http://www.bengalgarden.com/KittensGirls.html and if you click on the picture of girl 2 it will show you more pictures of her. Her dad is at http://www.bengalgarden.com/sires.html and if you click on the round picture of D'Artagnan you will see more pictures of him. I do have a couple of older pictures of Leo (my neutered male) here: http://nitebird.com/sylvyesplace.html and when I get a chance I will update that. He is from the same breeder but he had the same parents as the May 8th babies on the breeder's site. I am excited!! LOL

~Curyn

Nys replies:  how much are they?

Curyn replies:
Thier pricing really varies. It can start at $500 for a pet up to $3,000 for a breeder/show cat. When breeders are retired they are neutered and can be offered as pets for as little as $100 sometimes. But as I said, it varies. I am not selling any, Bellira is not even old enough to leave mom yet and she will have to be a year old before she is bred. And THEN, if all goes well and the kittens (if there is more than one) are healthy it s at least another 10 to 12 weeks before they are ready to go to new homes. She could turn out to be sterile, or have medical problems that prevent her from carrying successfully, you never can tell till the time comes. But I think she will do fine :) Time will tell
Here is a picture of my pet bengal, BengalGarden Leopold, he is about 7 months in this picture.

~Curyn

Fevorah replies: She is adorable!!  My God-kitten.  *grins*  

Hoppa replies: *grins* that is cool!

Nys replies:wow.  I'd love one (and they're gorgeous), but I can't afford that much for a kitty.  I may visit a local shelter this weekend instead, now that you've gotten me all kittentastic.

I have two dogs and a cat now and one of my dogs has had about $7000 in medical work done, so I completely understand your medical concerns.  I hope you enjoy her though :)

Curyn replies : Local shelters are a great place to go to adopt a cat or dog and some of them are actually "pure breeds" just don't have the papers to prove it. All of them need loving homes and that is the most important part.
I have started setting up my Nitebird Bengals website, starting with a gallery of pictures of Leo and Bellira. They can be found here if you are interested: http://nitebirdbengals.com/gallery/albums.php

I hope you enjoy them.
~Curyn

Fevorah replies: I love their markings!

Curyn replies: I have added Bellira using the pictures from her breeder with permission, the galleries are here http://nitebirdbengals.com/gallery/albums.php

More Bellira pictures, taken June 30, are in the gallery for those who are watching her grow :) She is getting prettier by the day and I can't wait to show her in a cat show :)
~Curyn

Hoppa replies: oh cute!
*chuckles*  Yesterday,
after some few good  "Tankitty tank tank" jokes,  after Fevorah's Guardian Lelanya got her  heavy armor,   Fev decided  the next  kitty she  gets will be called  "Tankitty"

Curyn replies: LOL, Tank :)

Looks like I will be picking Bellira up from the breeder next week, I am so looking forward to bringing her home :) Of couse I will have to put up new pictures of her then...  :D Maybe I won't feel the need to check out Bengals so much for a while then and actually be able to concentrate on playing again. LOL, or maybe she will be getting all my attention :)

~Curyn

Fevorah replies: Oh my goodness she is growing up to be a beauty!!  Soon she will be on your keyboard and batting at the critters in LotRO

Curyn replies: She has been keeping me busy (and entertained) Lots of stuff going on in RL is keeping me from the game but I will be back eventually :)
Oh my gosh, and then there were 4 LOL Leo and Bellira were joined by Aldrin and Sunny today. Aldrin will be my stud baby and Sunny and Bell will be my queens. I am really excited by the possible beauty from these guys, Bell, Sunny and Aldrin will be going to their first show(ing) in Oct. and we will see how they stack up from a less biased viewpoint :)
As you can imagine I am still pretty busy for a while, I stop in once and a while but there is usually not many on if any. I will keep trying off and on when I have some time  :)

~Curyn

Fevorah replies: Four?  *laughs*  Growing up we always had 4 cats but two has been my max to date!!

Curyn replies: Bellira and Aldrin have been to 2 cat show so far and have done fairly well in the second one. Bellira placed in the top 3 of her division in 13 of 18 rings and top 3 of her breed in 9 of 18 rings. She took 5 first in division and 2 first in breed out of those and she won 4th best kitten out of 25 short haired kittens once and 6th best of 25 once. Aldrin didn't do quite as well but he held his own as well. He place in the top 3 in division 8 out of 18 rings (competing directly with Bellira for those) and got 4 firsts out of that. Best of breed he was in the top 3 6 of 18 rings and 2 of those he was first. He also won one 4th best short haired kitten and one 8th. Not bad for begining kitties and breeder :)

~Curyn

Fevorah replies: That is wonderful!!  My god kitten Bellira is rocking!!  You must be sooooo proud!

Curyn replies: Yes I am very proud of my babies :) They sure keep me hopping though LOL

~Curyn

Curyn writes:
Hi all, just wanted to let you all know, it looks as though my cat Bellira is pregnant and should be due around the first of July. I will certainly let you know as soon as they get here, along with pictures :)

~Curyn

Hoppa replies: oh very cool, congrats!!!

Fevorah replies: Oh Sweet!  I can't wait!  *begins pacing*

Curyn replies: At 4:16 PM mountain time Bellira started having her babies. So far there are 4 and I believe there is at least one more on the way :)

~Curyn

Hoppa replies: Cool congrats!!

Curyn replies: Well, 4 was it :)

There are pictures at nitebird.com/Kitties  The ones numbered 001 through 008 are of Bell and the kittens, the rest are of all the adults

~Curyn

Fevorah replies: Adorable!  *hugs*

Curyn replies: New pictures if you would like to see them Smiley   http://nitebird.com/kittens/

Hugs to all

~Curyn

Hoppa replies: Ohh very cute!
Hehe! I want  kitty now...
I wish my apartment building allowed pets.

Fevorah replies: They are just about the right size for climbing curtains! ;)

Kitty is not a good skiier so he stayed warm.

Hoppa replies: hehehe, very cool :)

Zurleth replies: Gorgeous shots! :)

Fevorah replies: Great shots and what a smart kitty!  *giggles*

Giddily replies: Beautiful pictures!!!

Luni replies: I wanna come play in the snow! :)

Warshi replies: I made a little movie called "Deer at Toad Manor" my little house in the woods of Wisconsin.

It is a mother and fawn in the yard.

http://vimeo.com/252199

Hoppa replies: cool video! :)

Fevorah replies: Thank you for sharing that lovely vid.  I work in OES rescue and it is on the edge of a land preserve...I saw my first stag with a full rack and was thrilled!  I haven't seen a baby yet.

Deer are so sweet.

Nys replies: if you ever want to get a REALLY close look at Deer, go to Nara Japan and visit Todaiji, the location of the Daibutsu, the largest wooden statue of Budha in the world. It is illegal to kill deer there and they live on the grounds of the temple and will walk right up to you.  Some vendors sell these cracker things that you can feed to them and they'll come right up to you and take food out of your hands.

For me, growing up in the midwest, this was almost like a religious experience because the only time you see a live deer there is when it's running away from you.

Warshi replies: http://vimeo.com/257794

It is really nice to have the deer come at sun rise and sunset. The fawns are sweet. They are almost too used to people because they will come to the feeder with the padio glass door open and people talking 10 feet away. They really seem to need the water. There are two lakes very close but they they like to stay in the open woods near the house.

I am setting up an auto water system for them.

This new video is a deer that came at noon for lunch today :)

Luni replies: I was half waiting for the cute lil deer to fall over--shot by one Northwoods.

Warshi replies: Strider sleeping on the table and on my coat - both not allowed. Bad cat.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v66060255Tw9e4Xe

Fevorah replies: Looks like Merry before he got old and grisly and lost an eye.  Bad cats!

Hoppa replies: Merry sounds like a pirate cat  *grins*

Warshi replies: Deer on the walk. «  on: March 31, 2008, 06:46:32 PM »
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v6556451ybKSHP3X

Luni replies: It still looks awfully cold up there.  I am in shorts for the first time this spring down here.

Sweet little deer family

Fevorah replies: So sweet and you did not disturb them at all.  Very cool.

Warshi replies: I was on a bicycle trail near my house. Looks a bit like a road because of the yellow center stripe. It is in Chicago metro area so no hunting and the deer get very used to people.  I was only about 20 feet away.
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v13170448qANXPCcX
big storm..

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Warders of the Weald Forum Index -> Our Pets All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: